Friday, May 7, 2010

ticking time bomb

this morning before my alarm went off, marley climbed up on my belly and refused to get off. i have a feeling she's probably going to know i'm in labor before i even figure it out!

at 36 weeks now, the thought has occurred to me that either way, even if i go past my due date, we are going to be new parents in the next 6 weeks. sure, this should be very obvious at this point, but it still feels very surreal. i've never been good at finishing things. crafts often sit around the house half done, about most of the books of my bookshelf have bookmarks still in them at various points...so it came as no surprise that i felt ready to be done with this pregnancy about 10 weeks ago!! however, the closer we get, the more it continues to sink in. people are wishing me happy mother's day already! who, me???

anyway, my to do list now consists of lots of resting and trying to soak up as much sleep, freedom, and reality television as possible. sure, there are still things we should get done before this baby comes...but the really important stuff is finished and i've run out of energy to keep caring about the rest. it's been an especially exhausting week at work this past week, tyler has to finish up the rest of his class work for the semester, and we are both just feeling ready to spend time meeting this baby we've been working so hard to make and support!

1 comment:

  1. How cute of Marley! She's gonna love your little guy as well as we will of course! Sooo excited for you and Tyler! Dad and I just put together the pack/play we got for him when you guys visit...gee...at times I feel like I'm gonna give birth...I guess all abuela's feel that for their daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete